UH Hilo Calendar of Events Policies and Procedures
Promote and create awareness of UH Hilo events to internal and external audiences.
A “Working Day” shall be considered Monday–Friday, 7:45 am–4:30 pm, except Hawaiʻi State Holidays. Anything that falls outside of this range will be considered as starting on or submitted on the next available Working Day.
欧美18vivodexxxSee Supplement 1 for selected personnel listing.
- Technology Manager (Webmaster)
- May promote submissions to Home Page
- Troubleshoots website issues
- System Manager (University Relations Special Events Coordinator)
- Edits and approves all submissions not covered by Area Coordinators
- Manages (Sub-)Area Coordinator access to the site
- Serves as contact person for all schedule changes
- Area Coordinators
- Edits and approves submissions related to their area and not covered by a sub-area
- Academics and Research
- Campus Center
- Student Affairs
- Administrative Affairs
- ʻImiloa Astronomy Center
- Performing Arts Center
- Sub-area Coordinators
- Edits and approves submissions related to their sub-area
- Selected due to the number of submissions to ease the burden on their respective Area Coordinator
- College of Continuing Education and Community Service
The UH Hilo Calendar can be accessed through the News and Events website at http://naturesiq.com/news/
Procedures for Submitters
- Click on link for Submit Event/Announcement
- Submit either an Announcement or Event for the same occasion, not both. (However, duplicate submissions may be made for social media outlets.)
- Double check content and contact information. Area Coordinators will not be checking accuracy of these details (i.e., room location, website, email, phone, etc.)
- Requests should be submitted more than 5 working days in advance of event to ensure timely posting
Procedures for System Manager
- Manage Coordinators’ access to the system
- Frequently monitor submissions to ensure efficiency and Coordinators following Policies and Procedures
- Meet with all Coordinators once a semester to review Policies and Procedures and train as needed
- Complete schedule changes as submitted
Procedures for Area Coordinators and Sub-Area Coordinators
- Take action on a submission (contact submitter for additional or clarifying information, approve or deny/delete) within 2 working days of submittal
- Ensure that area submissions comply with the Style Guide
- Communicate days of extended unavailability (sick, vacation, business trip, etc.) with System Manager
Submit media requests such as news releases separately to Director of Media Relations for review and dissemination.
- All UH Hilo sponsored events (on and off-campus)
- Events held on UH Hilo premises sponsored by any UH entity
- UH Hilo program or personnel doing something in the community (e.g., Resveratrol conference, glucose checks), open to the public
- Events approved by the exempt charities
- Aloha United Way
- Hawaiʻi Foodbank
- Informational (non-campaign) events of the State of Hawaii legislature
When in doubt, visit any URLs, internet search any company names, and/or contact the submitter or contact person.
欧美18vivodexxxThe following submissions should not be approved. The submitter should be informed of why their submission is unacceptable.
- Events by for-profit and non-profit companies except where UH Hilo is involved
- Events in which UH Hilo is only the venue
- Anything which violates Hawaiʻi State Ethics
- Anything which violates
欧美18vivodexxxAll Coordinators should edit submissions to ensure compliance with this Style Guide and optionally contact the submitter to inform them of the edits.
- Use the official institution and names or abbreviations.
UHHnor UH-Hilonor University of Hawaii-Hilonor University of Hawaii, Hilo
- Include proper Hawaiian diacritics and characters.
`okinaor 'okina(using back tick or tick)
- Use correct domain names.
- Use proper, single punctuation, particularly for exclamation points.
- Use proper sentence capitalization, not all caps, as that hampers accessibility.
- Spell out all abbreviations with optional parenthetic abbreviations; this improves comprehension for visitors not familiar with UH or UH Hilo, or even with English.
- Campus Center, not CC
- University Classroom Building, not UCB
- Room 101, not Rm 101
- Monday-Friday, not M-F
- Exceptions: UH and UH Hilo